Ten healthy ways to maintain your mental health:
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat right; avoid stimulants.
- Be mindful of your physical health; keep moving physically.
- Take all medication at the same time every day.
- Consume anything moderately, to include spending money.
- Interact with others often. Learn how to be engaging.
- Realize that life is neither all positive nor all negative, it just is. Be real.
- When stuff happens, talk to a friend or family member. Talk to someone. Don’t hold it in.
- Accept things as they are. Accept yourself as you are. From acceptance, take it from there when making changes and improvements.
- Come up with your own 10 healthy ways to maintain your mental health and post it on your refrigerator door.
Visit MentalHealth.gov to learn more. Let’s talk.